Tuesday, July 24, 2012

You are not alone...

There is a spot I pass

in my travels

'most every day.

If someone is not thinking about it,

it is easy to miss.

A little container of flowers,

placed there by parents

with a hole in their hearts.

You see, their little boy died on that spot.

It was an accident.

Sometimes, it really is JUST a terrible, awful, accident.

A child runs out from between cars.

A driver cannot stop in time.

And a precious, bright light goes out


And after the other people go home,

and the media attention dies down,

and the official paperwork is finalized,

there is STILL a Mother, left without her child,

and a Father without his buddy...

Who, in their loneliness, tend a roadside memorial.

Because there is nothing else they can do.

I don't know you personally, Mom and Dad.

And I didn't know your son.

 But I noticed you changed out his flowers again.

You must have loved him so dearly.

My heart breaks for you.

I am sure many people pray for you when they pass your son's memorial.

I am one of them.

May God's peace be with you.

You are not alone.


  1. Oh my this is so touching. Very heartfelt words.

  2. That was the most beautiful piece I've read in years. Absolutely beautiful! ~JK Mergens


Pull up a chair, grab a cuppa java, and make yourself at home!